Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a mercedes e 320 wont start, we put a scanner and it…

Customer Question
good day,i have a mercedes...
good day,i have a mercedes e 320 wont start,we put a scanner and it give us error 1570 mobilizer, how to remove this errorthanks
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/26/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately this indicates the ME ( engine computer) is not seeing a start enable signal.This can be caused by a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself needing replaced.It may also be a fault with the key as the key can fail electronically cauisng this issue here.Unfortunately the diagnosis procedure below has to be followed to pinpoint and repair this issue.In most cases it is the electronic ignition switch needing replaced or the key.

There is no way to reset or bypass this issue until the fault is repaired.You can clear the code with a scan tool but most likely it will come back until the fault is repaired.If you have a second key try it.If it works then the first key needs replaced.If it does not work or you do not have a second key then the diagnosis below needs followed to pinpoint which component needs replaced.

Start Enable of DAS Not Sent

Test 1 Test Start Enable From DAS
Test 2 Engine Compartment CAN Test
Test 3 Test CAN Connection to N73 (EIS Control Module)

1 Test Start Enable From DAS

Test requirement
- The vehicle is unlocked.
- Switch on ignition.

Status of relevant actual value:
- Start enable :

Specified value
- Start enable : YES

Note: If fault code P1570 is present:The fault is detected by component N73 (EIS control module) and an appropriate message is transmitted through the engine CAN to component N3/10 (ME-SFI control module).

Question
- Is the actual value o.k.?
Yes
The actual value is okay. ** End of Test **
No
The actual value is not o.k.
Possible cause and remedy
- An attempt was made to start the engine when vehicle was locked.
- Fault in CAN communication with control unit EIS.
- Read fault memory from control unit EIS and rectify faults.
- Components N3/10 (ME-SFI control module) and N73 (EIS control module) do not match.Check the correctness of the MB part number.

** End of Test **

2 Engine Compartment CAN Test

No further information available.

3 Test CAN Connection to N73 (EIS Control Module)

Test 3-1 Check CAN Bus. (General)
Test 3-2 Test Total Resistance of the CAN Engine
Test 3-3 Test Terminating Resistor of CAN Element in Control Module EIS
Test 3-4 Test Terminating Resistor of CAN Element in Control Module ME-SFI 2.0

3-1 Check CAN Bus. (General)

If several fault codes regarding CAN communication have occurred, the following causes of the fault are likely
- Open circuit in voltage supply to the control modules involved
- Short circuit or open circuit of CAN wires
- Connector sleeves of the CAN bus

If CAN communication between control module ME-SFI 2.0 and at least one other control module is fault-free, there is no fault at the CAN element of the control module ME-SFI 2.0.In this case proceed as follows:
- Read fault memory of control module to which there is a fault in the communication.If a CAN fault regarding communication with control module ME-SFI 2.0 is present in this control module, then first of all test CAN lines between the two control modules.

** End of Test **

3-2 Test Total Resistance of the CAN Engine

Test requirement
- Fault code 'P1603' present

Test sequence
- Switch off ignition.
- Connect socket box to component N3/10 (ME-SFI control module).
- (D.11) 43 <--> 44 (D.12)

Specified value
- Resistor [55...65] ohms

Question
- Is the measured value okay?
Yes
The measured value is o.k.
Further possible causes of fault
- Fault in control unit EIS:Read fault memory of control unit N73 (EIS control module).
No
The measured value is not o.k.
Possible cause and remedy
- Cable from component N73 (EIS control module) to component N3/10 (ME-SFI control module)
- Test terminating resistor of CAN element in control module EIS.

** End of Test **

3-3 Test Terminating Resistor of CAN Element in Control Module EIS

Test requirement
- Fault code 'P1603' present

Test sequence
- Switch off ignition.
- Unplug the socket D at component N3/10 (ME-SFI control module).
- (D.11) 43 <--> 44 (D.12)

Specified value
- Resistor [115...125] ohms

Question
- Is the measured value okay?
Yes
The measured value is o.k.
Further possible causes of fault
- Test terminating resistor of CAN element in control module ME-SFI 2.0.
No
The measured value is not o.k.
Possible cause and remedy
- N73 (EIS control module)

** End of Test **

3-4 Test Terminating Resistor of CAN Element in Control Module ME-SFI 2.0

Test requirement
- Fault code 'P1603' present

Test sequence
- Switch off ignition.
- Connector D is plugged in at control unit.
- Unplug the socket D from the wiring harness at the socket box.
- (D.11) 43 <--> 44 (D.12)

Specified value
- Resistor [115...125] ohms

Question
- Is the measured value okay?
Yes
The measured value is o.k.
Further possible causes of fault
No
The measured value is not o.k.
Possible cause and remedy
- N3/10 (ME-SFI control module)

** End of Test **

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete