Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Automatic transmission 722.699 problem I have changed the…

Customer Question
Automatic transmission 722.699 problemI have...
Automatic transmission 722.699 problemI have changed the torque converter and TCC solenoid. The partnumbers is correct.
There were “no problems” regarding shifting before I did the work.My car car starts up ,but doesn´t want to move out of place. Revers doesn’t work. Drive doesn’t work. Shifting gears (up /down) left and right on the shifter doesn’t work.I can move the shifter as normal between P R N D. The engine runs at idle speed at every step, but I can only rev the engine as normal in P and N. Engine sounds good.In R and D can I not the rev the engine much more the idle speed like the carwheels are stuck. The car doesn’t move at all.There is no movement/engagement in the car, as it normally has, when I move the shifter f.eks between N and D.Fluid level is good. No leaks.CAR: Mercedes S203 C200cdi, WDB2032071F638371, 2004/2005I hope you can come up with something I can try out.Regards *****
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/26/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

how many liters of transmission fluid was installed in the transmission?

are you sure that you have seated the torque converter correctly? if not the front pump will break causing no pressure

please do let me know

Hi Wolfgang
I filled new oil "Febi" slightly above 7 litres, the same amount I took out. I am pretty convinced I seated the converter correctly, but at this stage when things have gone shit I am not 100% sure anymore. It had the same distanse from the housing as the old one ca.7mm/to spesification and was fully in. It went smoothly in. I did not have to use much power in order to connect the transmission to the engine either. Of course I agree that it could seem like I have pressure problems. I hope it is not converter related. My skills as a DIY are not to bad for being an amature.
Tore

need to verify line pressure to make sure on the converter if seated correctly!! you will need a gauge !

Hi Wolfgang
I understand I have to do that now. So the questions are :
1. Where do I plug into the line to measure the pressure?
2. What type of gauge do I need? what is it called so I can order it from somewhere?
3. What are the values the gauge ought to show? Remember that I can't rev the engine in R and D.
Tore

sorry for the delay .

I do need a vin # please to get the factory information!!

thanks

Hi Wolfgang
I will look up the Vin nr in the morning . I am located in Norway so it is the middle of the night 04.00
I think I found a oil pressure tester that might work in a catalog . How many bar do it need to show? The question is still where to tap into the line to measure?
Tore

i do need that vin to get the exact specs for you and location!!

thanks

Hi Wolfgang
I see now that you got the VIN nr in the first message above. VIN number: WDB2032071F638371I think I found a oil pressure tester that might work in a catalog . How many bar do it need to show? The question is still where to tap into the line to measure?
Tore

i'm sorry for my delay in replying!!

i was in the hospital .