Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 C230 wipers high beams and blinkers quit working. I…

Customer Question
2000 C230 wipers high beams...
2000 C230 wipers high beams and blinkers quit working. I replaced the wiper switch stalk but it was used and nothing works still. Now my hazards quit working and they were working before when everything else quit
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/26/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 5 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
All lf theses functions run through a control module which in your model is either called a multifunction control module or convenience module i will have to recheck , but its a precursor to the modules we now call “sam”, its in the left front fuse box in engine back and runs all of the accessory and flasher functions. You would need to verify power and ground at that module and possibly replace it . I am not sure of your techical ability and diagnostic skills so let me know what you need and i can help you with it . Lou
I was a technician for 10 years for Ford so I can figure out some scenarios ( when my brain doesnt give out). I have checked all fuses. tried swapping some relays but I read somewhere it could be an ignition switch. I just need to get it figured out so I can fix it.
is it directly under the rear section of the fuse box?
in the engine compartment.
In the engine compartment yes, let me get you a picture, you need to undo all of the phillips screws to the second cover of the fuse box to see it. If memory serves me its a long black box.
I have it here in my lap.
Well low and behold when googling for a picture (im not at my desktop at the moment) i came across this forum with your scenario lol,http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/n10-relay-soldering-repair-wiper-indicators-hazards-rear-window-demister.62702/
I love people with more time on their hands to post this kind of stuff, i should have documented every repair i ever mada lol. Let me know if this looks similar to your scenario and what not, if not ill fire up the desktop and get you some disgrams and stuff .
Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
I took it out but will go back out and verify power and ground. Just trying to see on these schematics which wires are which
Ok gotcha, ill be around this morning but gone for a bit from 8:30-10:30 but back on after that. Did you copy and past the link i sent ? Its a forum where a guy repaired a solder for your issue

Hello, just checking back, did you need further assistance or where you able to get it going?

thanks, Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician