Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I recently bought a 2005 mercedes benz c230, and it is

Customer Question
I recently bought a...

I recently bought a 2005 mercedes benz c230, and it is missing the drivers side fog light. I still have the housing but it was missing the bulb and wiriing. so i got the bulb, and the wiring. Just need a diagram or video of how to install it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Driver side fog lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C230 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have tried tracing the wiring on the passsengers side, but had no luck.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/26/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

When you say you bought the wiring what did you get, and as far as a diagram of the fog lamp is concerned, there wont be anything showing you how to find the existing wiring, I suspect this has been ripped out, does the other light turn on?

so under there and you may have to pry around a bit will be something similar to whats connected to the working fog light, like I said I think it may have been ripped out from some road debris or something,

Do you have a picture or a video that shows me what im looking for?

not of the connector, just look at the other fog light wires they will be the same color and attached in the same fashion,

would it be attaching in with other wires that are wrapped?

its hard to say someone could have zip tied them up or tapped them up out of the way after the side was damaged

according to dmv and carfax there have been no known accidents on this vehicle.

that dosent mean anything, 50% of car related accidents are not reported to carfax, also dosent matter, what we need to do is find the wire, are you under the vehicle and looking around?

I am currently at work, I get off in about a hour. I will be searching after i get off work.

ok let me know what you find

Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago

Hows it coming?

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician