Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The line from the power steering unit is leaking right where…

Customer Question
The line from the...

The line from the power steering unit is leaking right where it goes into the unit. I tighten it a very little bit, and the leak slowed down, but still leaks. Can I buy that line separate ?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Only when the first time, but I shut it down, and filled the reservoir, and it hasn't sounded off since. I keep checking it and top it off, but it never sounds off no matter how hard I turn the wheels.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2000 ml 320

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

If I had a lift maybe, but I have a retired Mech. who said he would help,we put it on is lift to determine it was the fitting

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/25/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** you referring to the line at the pump or at the steering rack?

Are you there?

Just checking in. Do you still need help with this?