Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Would like. Former diesel mechanic never worked on mercedes…

Customer Question
Former diesel mechanic never...

Former diesel mechanic never worked on mercedes would like to know how expspensive and hard to do inframe rebuiid 300 d 5 cyl eng

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

1983 recent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I want to just seeing what im up agianst

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How much for info

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, the hardest part is pulling the pan in the car. It's a 10 hour labor operation to R&R the pan in the chassis. You will need to suspend the motor from the top and raise it up enough to remove the pan. It's almost easier to pull the engine and rebuild it outside the car. It's also not a good idea to just rering the diesel engine anyway. These motors almost always need to be bored or sleeved in order to do a good rebuild.

Let me know if you have any questions.