Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My power steering is not working. I have not. Where is the…

Customer Question
My power steering is...

My power steering is not working

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

No, I have not . Where is the fluid reservoir ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2006 350 all wheel drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Opened the hood and saw brake fluid reservoir and I believe small black reservoir,up front with some fluid in it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I really do not know, mechanical issues are not my strong point

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/24/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

The first thing to do is check the power steering fluid level.

I am sending a diagram of the location. When you open the cap it has a dipstick on it, check and make sure the fluid is up to the full line and let me know.