Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 C300. a week ago it was making a noise under…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 C300. a week ago it was making a noise under the hood on the right side - A whining noise which stopped after about 5 seconds. Today the noise stopped but my engine light came on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

No the vehicle has not stalled, temperature has not gone up. runs beautiful

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No have not tried. the noise came from the upper right side which looks like a black box

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car only has 48000 miles on. was serviced last year at mercedes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/24/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

the noise may be from the air injection pump . it may have failed and caused the check engine light to come on . a scan test is needed to verify this !!

anything else?