Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Radiator light showing up on dashboard. What is wrong when…

Customer Question
Radiator light showing up...

Radiator light showing up on dashboard

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

What is wrong when the radiator light shows up?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

1996 S420

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S420 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to open the hood and the glove box to get the manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The radiator light is on so I guess we need to add water or anti-freeze

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 8 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician
Hi .
When the radiator warning light comes on this is to warn you the coolant level is getting low.
When engine is cold check the coolant level and top off if needed.
If level is good then you will have a possible problem with a short in the circuit or the level sensor is bad and needs replacing.Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me.
Even after accepting you can get back to me anytime without any extra cost.
Greg