Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Lou there is pic .. there is some hose blocking the

alternator..?? Can I squeeze alternator...
Lou there is pic .. there is some hose blocking the alternator..?? Can I squeeze alternator ? What you usually doing In this situation?
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Also I can't unscrew the Fan clutch....It so tight..
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
idler pulley bolt won't came off.. because of Fan Clutch...the Fan blocking it..
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Ok I just got the Fan ..wow that was epic..
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I have new idler pulley bolt.. should I use lock thread or not?
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi Alex, it's Marty. How are you doing?

I would not recommend using Loctite on the idler pulley bolt.

In regards ***** ***** cooling hose I would disconnect the hose and move it out of the way.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
In which side place in the idler pulley ? Or it doesn't matter..?

It should not make any difference on the pulley.

Going to step out for about an hour. Let me know if you need anything else and I will reply when I return.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Alright Marty i got the Idler pulley .. and I also replace and hand tight the Belt tensioner... Now I need the Torq specs for bolts ..tightening the Belt tensioner to the timing cover..
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
is that coolant hose by the alternator is this correct? And how to disconnect ?

It's a coolant hose. It should be clamped at the end. You are going to lose some coolant in the process.

Click on the attachment for the torque specs for the tensioner.

The specs are at the bottom of the document.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Marty I don't understand the difference not tapped
And pre tapped..thread? Which one for my car?

You have the pre-tapped bolts.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Thank you Marty.. I appriciate...

You're quite welcome

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician