Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Get check brake pad wear, check engine oil, and check

Customer Question
Get check brake pad...

Get check brake pad wear, check engine oil, and check coolant messages. Just got the car 2k miles ago and have 76k miles to schedule b. 2014 gl450

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

7600 until schedule b

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Mercedes Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model of your '14 Mercedes?

Gl 450

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing my husband checked brake pads visually and didn't see any issues

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
The message say check engine oil level at next fueling
11/23/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need the vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information.

did you check the coolant level?

if you take the cap off just do this when the engine is off and should be filled up to 1" from top of the bottle not the rim of the cap opening.

5LMFU28R43LJ48984
I have not checked yet.

hello this vin # is a lincoln navigator vin. is that true because you have posted for a mercedes gl450?

4JGDF7CE8EA285222 sorry grabbed wring #

please do check the oil level . the dipstick is on the drivers side in the rear of the engine compartment. check this with the engine off . now if low add 1 qt at a time 0w40 mobil 1 oil.

then check the coolant level as stated above.

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician