Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mercedes c300 2010 Key works but car doesn’t start. Could it…

Customer Question
Mercedes c300 2010 Key works but...
Mercedes c300 2010
Key works but car doesn’t start. Could it be a fuse ? Or do I need to reprogram the key ?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/22/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

when you turn the key to the on position do any of the warning lights on the dash come on like check engine , brake light , abs light .

if you are uncertain take a pic of the instrument cluster with the key to the on position so i can see what you see.

thanks