Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I had electrical smoke to come from under passenger

dashboard on a 2001 s430. JA...
I had electrical smoke to come from under passenger dashboard on a 2001 s430.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?
Customer: 138500
JA: Are you fixing your S430 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I had to replace the battery as when I bought it had an acid battery in it which was causing lots of dead battery and no starts, of course. The blower motor was also not working when I bought it, so I thought maybe the resistor or motor burned up. Also the airmatic shocks are going down a lot every since I purchased the car.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also there was water in the trunk where the audio amp and cd changer are. It has been recurring when it rains of course and I have vacuumed it out 3 times. It has blew the amp and the cd changer didn't work when I got it.
11/23/2017
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** for the wait on this question. How can I help?

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I listed and explained all the symptoms earlier today on my 2001 Mercedes s430.
Phone call session started

I will call you in 10 minutes.

Just finishing up with another question. I will call you shortly.

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician