Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2018 GLS 550 turn indicators do NOT make a sound Paul.

Customer Question
My 2018 GLS 550...

My 2018 GLS 550 turn indicators do NOT make a sound Paul

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 550?

2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just got the car

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/22/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I havent had time to really work with the 2018 model GLS vehicles yet.But you should have a click or some type of noise with the signals on.If you hear no noises but they do work and if your radio has sound with no issues this may be a fault with a sam control unit needing replaced or possibly a coding issue.Usually coding is the big cause on a brand new model where something wasnt coded or programmed properly at the factory.

Since this is a 2018 model a dealer can look into and repair this at no charge to you under warranty.If it is a simple coding issue they should be able to resolve it rather quickly.This is the best thing to do here.If you were to try and tamper with any of this yourself this can actually void the factory warranty on anything you may tamper with.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic