Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Took my ML350 in to mercedes dealer electric problems was…

Customer Question
Took my ML350 in...

Took my ML350 in to mercedes dealer electric problems was told I had a leak coming thru quarter glass panels burn out modular paid $1,900 to remove glass, re

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

Remove glass seal leak an new modular....car back at shop modular burnt out again theyre saying another leak caused the problem again should they have tested all possible leakers before installing new modular an do i need to be responsible for them not fully diagnosing the any posdible leaks the 1st time

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your ML350?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im a female i think im being taken advantage of

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its at the mercedes dealer repair shop

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/22/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 6 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # of the vehicle to check out if there are any tech bulletins for water leaks or module failures!!

thanks

4jgbb86e58a329931......I was told after the fact that my car was in a accident an had poor body repair work done

ok you have had a rear SAM module replaced!!

let me do my checks and will get back shortly!!

Yeah an less than a month later i need another modular because of a leak in the same area....should they b responsible for testing all leaks in that area before installing the Modular the first time?

yes i do believe so !! they said that this was the leak area and was not right so i do believe that the dealer should be responsible!!

misdiagnosis!!

now if it was in an accident and a claim was made for the repairs then you need to contact the insurance company and explain the issue and a supplement repair is needed and should be covered by insurance company!!

No I was not in a accident they said it was a accident in the area were the water is suppose to be coming in which I believe should have be told to me during the initial repair...i brought the car used it could have been in a accident from the pervious owner...how should i let them no it was a misdiagnosis on their part an can I have them cover the additional repairs?

i would speak to the service manager and let him know that the repair did not resolve the leak .