Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a light engine and code p0410 how do I solve this

Customer Question
problem! My car mercedes e550 w212...
I have a light engine and code p0410 how do I solve this problem!
My car mercedes e550 w212 M273
Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Mercedes
11/21/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 26 days ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** is a fault code for the secondary air injection system. Most commonly this fault is caused by a faulty electric air pump or air pump relay. You should first test the air pump directly and see if it is operational. Next step would be to test the air pump relay and fuse. Also make sure that all of the vacuum hoses to the diverter valves are intact.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Marty

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
How do I test the air pump and relay?

It's an electric pump. You can just disconnect the connector and put power and ground to the pump to see if it works. You should use a fused power lead or a power probe when testing the pump. You can also test the relay by connecting power and ground to the appropriate terminals but it is probably easier just to substitute a new relay.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
You should use a fused power lead or a power probe when testing the pump !!? << I would like to clarify more because I did not understand this phrase or put pictures of it !?Also I can find the relay and how can I relay this to the dedicated air pump !?

Whenever you put 12 volts directly to a motor you have to have a fuse inline in case there is a short.

If you post your vin number I will look up the location of the air pump relay for you.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I did not understand quite frankly !!WDD2120721A007764

Do you have any experience at all with working on cars and electronics? This is not something you should attempt if you are not somewhat experienced.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have experience

Ok, what don't you understand about testing the air pump? It's just a matter of performing a bench test with power and ground to the pump.

Instead of testing the pump why don't you first remove the relay and insert a FUSED jumper lead into the relay socket from terminal 30 to 87. Your air pump should run with the relay bypassed.

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician