Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a light engine and code p0410 how do I solve this…

I have a light engine...
I have a light engine and code p0410 how do I solve this problem!
My car mercedes e550 w212 M273
11/21/2017
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** is a fault code for the secondary air injection system. Most commonly this fault is caused by a faulty electric air pump or air pump relay. You should first test the air pump directly and see if it is operational. Next step would be to test the air pump relay and fuse. Also make sure that all of the vacuum hoses to the diverter valves are intact.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Marty

How do I test the air pump and relay?

It's an electric pump. You can just disconnect the connector and put power and ground to the pump to see if it works. You should use a fused power lead or a power probe when testing the pump. You can also test the relay by connecting power and ground to the appropriate terminals but it is probably easier just to substitute a new relay.

You should use a fused power lead or a power probe when testing the pump !!? << I would like to clarify more because I did not understand this phrase or put pictures of it !?Also I can find the relay and how can I relay this to the dedicated air pump !?

Whenever you put 12 volts directly to a motor you have to have a fuse inline in case there is a short.

If you post your vin number I will look up the location of the air pump relay for you.

I did not understand quite frankly !!WDD2120721A007764

Do you have any experience at all with working on cars and electronics? This is not something you should attempt if you are not somewhat experienced.

I have experience

Ok, what don't you understand about testing the air pump? It's just a matter of performing a bench test with power and ground to the pump.

Instead of testing the pump why don't you first remove the relay and insert a FUSED jumper lead into the relay socket from terminal 30 to 87. Your air pump should run with the relay bypassed.

Hi, just checking in. I see you never left a rating for my service on this question, good or bad. Whatever happened?

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician