Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Trying to replace my 2015 ml350 rear brake system, can't…

Customer Question
Trying to replace my...

Trying to replace my 2015 ml350 rear brake system, can't figure how I disconnect electronic

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far, just got the wheels and calipers off

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Great condition

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/20/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Hello, I hope you are doing great! Are you looking for help with removing the electronic brake motor or electronic sensor?

Hello!

Alright,

To remove the wear sensor you will have to use a prybar/screwdriver and pry away from the vehicle, with a little effort it will pop off.

The motor is a bit more difficult to get off, which is why I advise doing a manual retraction of it by using the car controls or a scantool, I am going to link a video below that will show the procedure to disengage the brake using the dash controls, let me know if it works for you :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvdEDkwznw8

I need to deactivate not remove.

Alright if you are trying to deactivate the sensor(not recommended) then you are going to have to clip and solder the wires together. If you do this it will provide a constant ground signal and always get a good reading, so the system will ignore it after that point