Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a ml430 2001 it is ideling when I press on the gas if

Customer Question
I am going over 40mph...
I have a ml430 2001 it is ideling when I press on the gas if I am going over 40mph it does not speed up. I have one of those devices to check the computer and code p 0715 is coming up. I took it to a mechanic he said the transmission is done. My question is if this is the case the would not be able to change gears. What should I do?
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: Never changed transmission the car has 138,000 miles
JA: Are you fixing your ML430 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No not fixing myself wish I could.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Check engine light is also on.
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Mercedes
11/20/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 22 days ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need the vin # of the vehicle to get the factory info to assist!!

thanks

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
4jgab72e31a237864
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I am not paying $26 extra
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Are you still checking?
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hello Are you still checking?

yes i'm here checking this out had to run the vin through mercedes!!

so you are saying so i'm on the same page is that the vehicle will not move at all or at 40 mph it will not go faster?

please do let me know!!

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
it moves I can reverse drive but when I excelorate over 40mph it make a humming noise and is difficult to go any faster.

and the rpms is very high!! correct?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No it does not go high

ok you will need in the trans input speed sensor/electroplate assy. that is the code stored . at this point its a 50/50 % chance the trans will be ok . also with the change you will need fluid filter and gasket to do the job and the cost is about $1000 at a shop give or take a few bucks

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician