Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am trying to start a 2012 CLS Class 550 Coupe that has…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to start a 2012 CLS Class 550 Coupe that has been sitting for almost a year after the death of it's owner. It has 20,000 miles and was regularly maintained. I hooked up to a battery charger for about 2 hours. When I hooked it up the horn alarm sounded. Tried to start and it stills responds like the battery is dead. The key remote with a new battery also does not work. Is there an anti theft device? I am not mechanical. Just trying to get the car to a dealership so it can be sold. Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

No I do not have a voltmeter. I have not used a charger before but I followed the directions.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just trying to get it started.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you have a second key at all to try?

Does the key lock and unlock the doors at all?

If you press lock or unlock on the key does the red light flash on it?

Let me know,thanks Pete