Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Abs light on with lines behind rear end of car lights. Just…

Customer Question
abs light on with...

abs light on with lines behind rear end of car lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just abs

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2011 s550

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Light on with picture of car rear end line jagged at tires

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/20/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: eautosales, ASE MECHANIC replied 5 months ago
eautosales
eautosales, ASE MECHANIC

do you have access to a enhanced scan tool to read abs codes

no

THE ABS Light or traction control comes on when there is a fault in the abs system. When the light is on the abs system is not working..A diagnostic scanner - computer would be required to pull the trouble code and to diagnose./.The failed component would need to be repaired or replaced to get the light to go out. likley you have a wheel speed sensor or wiring issue to a sensor

if you can get me the trouble code..i can lead you to the cause of failure

eautosales
eautosales
eautosales, ASE MECHANIC