Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Abs light on with lines behind rear end of car lights. Just

Customer Question
abs light on with lines...
abs light on with lines behind rear end of car lights
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: just abs
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2011 s550
JA: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: light on with picture of car rear end line jagged at tires
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Mercedes
11/20/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: eautosales, ASE MECHANIC replied 24 days ago
eautosales
eautosales, ASE MECHANIC

do you have access to a enhanced scan tool to read abs codes

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
no

THE ABS Light or traction control comes on when there is a fault in the abs system. When the light is on the abs system is not working..A diagnostic scanner - computer would be required to pull the trouble code and to diagnose./.The failed component would need to be repaired or replaced to get the light to go out. likley you have a wheel speed sensor or wiring issue to a sensor

if you can get me the trouble code..i can lead you to the cause of failure

eautosales
eautosales
eautosales, ASE MECHANIC