Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 SL500, top will not go up, as soon as I pull the lever…

Customer Question
2003 SL500, top will...

2003 SL500, top will not go up, as soon as I pull the lever the dash says visit workshop

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Top worked last week, car sat in garage garage for a week and then I tried it on Friday and this happened

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SL500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Made sure trunk battery was fully charged,

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/21/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

couple of things first

1. what is the current position of the top?
  2. you said top will not go up when i pull the lever, well the top goes down when pulling the lever not up so can you clarify this?
  3. can you send me any photos of the current position?

i am excellent with top issues, i can help, it all depends on how much work you want to do and your expertise and tools,

Lou