Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

My rear entertainment system is not powering up... I looked…

My rear entertainment system...

My rear entertainment system is not powering up... I looked in the fuse box to replace fuse #23 and there wasn't one.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes...it is the correct box

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2012 r350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your R350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes...I'm just hooking up the rear displays. it was quite easy

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The rear displays I installed are factory command. These are the exact display the come with a 2012 r350. This particular vehicle did not have them installed. It was pre-wired.

Answered in 1 hour by:
11/20/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

is this the dual screens system?

did you get the oem install kit and parts?

if so do you have the install instructions?

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
it factory...from Mercedes Benz
hello...are you going to call? thanks
ok..do you think the problem is a fuse
I looked int the rear fuse box but did not see a #23 fuse, which is supposed to be the one for the comand system
Are you there Lou?
Phone call session started

My apologies i was not able to be on much longer since i didnt hear back from you right away, i have accepted the offer and we can coordinate a time to chat tomorrow , i have installed many of these and can help you out for sure. I will touch base with you tomorrow am, sorry for missing you, Lou

I Never got a call????
Hello Lou...I just now saw your message, please give me a call when you are able.
Thank you...my number again is(###) ###-####
Will do, sorry for the delay, i can explain lol. What time zone are you in?
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician