Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have an '03 E320 in great shape with 91K miles. Ive done

Hi - I have an...
Hi - I have an '03 E320 in great shape with 91K miles. Ive done 10K oil and filter changes regularly with 0W-40 Mobile one. Transmission was flushed at 45K; fluid looked very bad/dark. The only replacement that's been needed is a battery(trunk). I'm planning a 100k service soon; a little early due to its age. Do I need to use special Mercedes fluids for anything? Differential? Recommend a thermostat? I will r&r plugs and any serviceable wires. I'm pretty much a service nut and want it done right. I have my own private mechanic Ive used for 20+ years. Thanks in advance
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Instrument panel is displaying service G+
11/19/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
first off service G+ is kinda hard to explain. In short each letter represents a hour of service to the customer. Service A=1 hr service G= 8 hrs, the + means the 50% brake pad sensor is worn through and the brakes beed changed . I can forward you the service sheet . You can use normal fluids for the rear diff. We do replace plugs but not the wires unless you have misfiring issues. The old rule if it aint broke dont fix it. I will get you the service sheet . Lou
For the a-g services the car is using those letters based on time and mileage, we were to disregard those and go off the service sheet anyways so it ended up being a waste and we never lakd attention to the letter .
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you. And I would be interested in seeing the service sheet. I mentioned I have my own mechanic. We work closely together on my vehicles. Thanks for the service code info; the brakes would be included in the service. PS, brake fluids, coolant, diff oil, can all be off the shelf items.
all the fluids can be over the counter, all dealer fluids are made by outside companies like mobil1 so getting them is not a problem. I am currently traveling but can get you the service sheet today in a few hours if that is ok.
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
That would be fine. Thank you.

sorry for the delay, I am getting the service sheet now for you.

Lou

Here you go, the service sheet, and a bonus how to reset the light :)

if you need anything else please let me know.

Lou

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you

no problem at all.

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician