Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Mercedes E420, 1997 v8, with the lamp for "change…

Customer Question
I have a Mercedes...

I have a Mercedes E420, 1997 v8, with the lamp for "change coolant" open

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

I have 195k and driving Ok. My question to you: the overflow reservoir is empty and i don't know if before it was blue or yellow coolant: can i mixed them for a couple of weeks (temporarily) until i will have time for a total flush of the previous liquid and the adding of the new one? Thanks!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E420 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. The auto store recommend both blue and yellow coolant for my type of Mercedes depending on what i used before, but i didn't do it myself before because it was not my car at that time. Thanks again!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes: i suppose the coolant was enough before in the overflow reservo

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Kevin, Master tech replied 7 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Master tech

Hi im kevin yes you can mix for a short period if you are going to flush system .it. Most probably has blue in it though