Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I was stuck in a traffic jam for over 2 hours under 110 F in

Customer Question
Hello, I was stuck in...
Hello, I was stuck in a traffic jam for over 2 hours under 110 F in Fl. (08 C300)
Sundenly all lights went on on the dash, AC shut off and speedo digital needed stop acting, gauge and temp where working.
It kept running until I got home, I shut it off the engine.Now no start just light no crank.
I replaced the existing battery by a brand new 700CCA as prescribed, but same story.
I checked all fuses all are good…Is the battery proble, may have caused the computer to shut down? or ..?
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 29 days ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
This sounds to me like a relay failed in the left front fuse box . This or the power was shut off by the rear sam module, the only ways to tell what is going on is
1-use a test light and with the key ON test each fuse for 2 things 1(make sure the fuses are not blown) and 2(make sure each fuse has power and report back the ones that do not so i can trace the system and see where power flows from)
And
2- we need a mercedes capable scan tool to read the codes to see if its a possible communication system issue . Hope this helps
Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I tried a regular scanner, it say no link ! Can’t read it.I check the starting relay work when i make physical contact the starter kick in, but nothing else. The other relays seems good.
All fuses tested all are good
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
It seems that no power is getting to the starter relay to initiate the fuel injection and get going ...
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Question ; could this have been caused by a week battery to shut down the system, and now the computer would need flashed to be reset?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Sorry “weak “ battery...

ok sorry for the delay, I am reading over your responses now

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I see, I will check when back as I left the Car home, will be back Tuesday. I let you know, thanks again.

ok, no problem.

have a good night.

Lou

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Too Lou, Tks

:)

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hi Lou, what has been noticed there is water under the driver seat, i think that create this situation.
What now?
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 26 days ago

perfect, not for you sorry but at least for the issue at hand.

so water is causing a short of the data system, the data lines are in the left and right rocker panels where the door sills are at.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
That’s would explain it, what to do in that case ? Dry it up? Could it have cause some irreversible damages?

eh, usually just shorts wires as far as causes data loss , havent seen anything where it causes irreversible repair usually can clean with electronics cleaner if there is corrosion present.

here are all the data line connections.

f748d063-1c69-4c10-b58c-...PNGf748d06...PNGc259be0f-a758-4ecf-9d64-...PNGc259be0...PNG77ec0e77-9c93-4b00-8780-...PNG77ec0e7...PNG57b3c94d-4dc0-4848-b036-...PNG57b3c94...PNG83545b99-2e8c-4f6c-b3e0-...PNG83545b9...PNGa28a1103-a922-4a83-80c1-...PNGa28a110...PNG
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I can’t open because on a phone in vacation. But I will be back this week end and work on it. Will be in touch .
Best

ok, sounds good, have a safe trip .

Lou

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thanks again Lou

no problem.

have a good holiday if you are celebrating .

and if not, have a good looooooooong weekend :)

Lou

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
you too Lou, thanks so much
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 25 days ago

:)

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician