Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm back, I was knocked offline & couldn't get my account to…

Customer Question
hey Lou I'm back, I...
hey Lou I'm back, I was knocked offline & couldn't get my account to work for months even after the people upstairs supposedly fixed things....I have a question my display on the slk55 amg says display malfunction & shows the image of a motor then says visit workshop but that's after it says speedtronic malfunction visit workshop then they just disappear without me doing anything any idea what's happening
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/19/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Hello my name is***** am going over your request now and will reply back soon with some info OR a few questions that would help me better determine how to help you. Keep in mind I have no idea of your technical ability or what you do and do not already know. So the more info you can tell me the better. I have been on the site for almost ten years and have oustanding 5 star ratings so trust that I will do everything I can to get you taken care of, Lou
Welcome back, when the car does this its because there is a malfunction with the CAN data bus system. Either a module has failed and is taking down the communications or there is water entry and causing a short on the data bus . We would need codes scanned with a mercedes capable scan tool to get a readout from each and every module to be able to try and locate the fault .
will car MD be able to pull the code
No most likely not
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 6 months ago

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech