Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My in. My key some time will operate the door locks, I was…

Customer Question
My key some time...

My key some time will operate the door locks, I was told the battery in the key needed to be replaced, however I don't have a clue as to how to open the case and replace battery. the care is a 1999 c230 Kompressor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

No have tested key with voltmeter and the battery doesn't appear to be leaking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C230 Kompressor yourself? What have you tried so far?

At this yes I engaged in self repares

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I have nothing else to tell the m

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/19/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 5 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is Marty. Click here for a video on the replacement of the key battery.

Let me know if you need anything else. Please remember to rate my service with the stars at the top of your page.

Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago

Hi, just checking in. Was the video helpful?

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician