Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Where or in which position does the 13 pin cable connect on…

Where or in which position...
Where or in which position does the 13 pin cable connect on a 02 Mercedes C240? I'm looking for both ends.
11/19/2017
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, the 13 pin connector for the transmission wire harness is located at the right front corner of the transmission just above the transmission pan. The other end of the harness connects to the transmission control unit located in the car underneath the passenger side footrest panel.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Marty

Answered one question about the 13 pins but didn't answer the question about the effect of the winter summer switch. The first answer is good, there was no second answer.

Hi, I'm sorry but I do not see where you posted a question about the W/S switch. The W/S switch simply changes the shift characteristics of the transmission when starting off. In W mode the transmission starts off in 2nd gear. In S mode the transmission starts off in 1st gear.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Will that cable stop the winter / summer switch from "working " is what I'm trying to get a answer to. That switch stopped working the same time I experienced my transmission failure.

The W/S switch will not cause the transmission to stop working. The W/S switch is disabled when a transmission fault occurs. Not the other way around. The common faults are a bad 13 pin connector plug at the transmission or faulty speed sensors in the transmission.

The answers were excellent, unfortunately it didn't fix the problem, I probably should have said this issue started when I changed the shifter from a junkyard into that car. It has not worked since then.

Hi, you might have installed the wrong shifter or a defective shifter. Why was the shifter replaced? Can you post the last 8 digits of your vin number for me?

This shifter does not require programming but it is necessary to erase the fault codes that are stored in the transmission control unit. A factory level scan tool is required in order to erase the fault codes in the transmission control unit.

Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician