Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Cabin fan and marker lights are on even with engine off.

Customer Question
JA: Just to clarify, what...
cabin fan and marker lights are on even with engine off.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: driving lights near headlights
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 1997 E320
JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it has been parked for about 3 years, we just did 1 head gasket. he has tried checking the fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Mercedes
11/19/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 23 days ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** for the long wait on this question. Do you still need help?

Ok, can you post the last 8 digits of your vin number?
Also, is it only the two front lights that are staying on? No other lights?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Vj034983
Virginia Klus(###) ###-####

Hi Virginia, a phone call is an additional $26 charge but it will be much faster talking on the phone. I've sent you an additional service offer for the phone call if you would like to talk on the phone.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I prefer that you answer here.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
It is only the front lights staying on and the cabin fan

Ok, for the front lights he will need to disconnect the headlight switch. If the lights turn off it would indicate a fault with the switch.

For the cabin fan, if only the fan is staying on and not the control on the dash the problem would typically be a faulty blower regulator.

If the car has been idle for 3 years there is always the chance of rodent damage. Rodents tend to nest in cars and gnaw on the wiring. They can gnaw all the way through a wire or gnaw through bunches of wires and cause short circuits.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician