Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Had my 2005 C239 detailed yesterday, and when I left I

Had my 2005 C239...

Had my 2005 C239 detailed yesterday, and when I left I needed to adjust my steering wheel to my normal position (they had obviously moved it to clean interior) pulled up the handle, got it in the right position, and pushed it back down to lock it...it is not locking in place

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked your tire pressure? Is it a steady pull?

What does my tire pressure have to do with my steering wheel positioning?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Mercedes C230 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C230 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything but to lock it in place by pushing the lock lever back down when I have it where I want it, but it doesn't lock, still wants to move up and down...

11/18/2017
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** is a common failure on the Mercedes with the manual steering column lock. You will need to have the locking mechanism replaced. It's about a 2 hour labor operation and the part retails for approximately $27.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, Marty...I'll let the car detail place know how much he's going to have to pay :))
Lol! Good luck with it!
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician