Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My sunroof won't close all the way It will almost close then…

Customer Question
My sunroof won't close...

My sunroof won't close all the way It will almost close then the rear part of the window will pop back up

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It's not making any unusual noises

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2010 GLK 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just got it out of the shop. Had to replace the ignition switch steering lock Ann B service

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've tried cleaning the track. And I am trying to find a way to close it manually

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/18/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 5 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, my name is***** pushing the sunroof switch to raise the back of the roof. Hold the switch an additional 3 seconds after raising the roof then try opening and closing the roof normally. Let me know if it works.
I've tried this and several other options. It finally closed but made a popping sound when it closed. My question is how do I close it manually if it happens again before I get it to the shop.

Do you have a panoramic roof or a regular sunroof?

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician