MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

My sunroof won't close all the way It will almost close then

Customer Question

My sunroof won't close all the way It will almost close then the rear part of the window will pop back up
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: It's not making any unusual noises
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2010 GLK 350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just got it out of the shop. Had to replace the ignition switch steering lock Ann B service
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've tried cleaning the track. And I am trying to find a way to close it manually
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** pushing the sunroof switch to raise the back of the roof. Hold the switch an additional 3 seconds after raising the roof then try opening and closing the roof normally. Let me know if it works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried this and several other options. It finally closed but made a popping sound when it closed. My question is how do I close it manually if it happens again before I get it to the shop.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a panoramic roof or a regular sunroof?