Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 Springer with 195000 miles. It went into limp…

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 Springer with 195000 miles. It went into limp mode and according to the code I changed the Mass Air Flow sensor. that did not help. The EGR valve was changed with the same results. The thought that it might be the EGR cooler.... Most of the miles are highway miles at posted speeded. Regular service is done. Ideas???

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the engine stall right after starting? And what about hesitation or jerking during acceleration?

It was jurking during accemeration prior for several months prior to limp mode. No stalling

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Mercedes?

2500 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The Mass Air Flow I did. The EGR was installed by a local diesel garage.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Loss of a couple mile per gallon. Normally I get 20 + MPG. Now 16 -17.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 day by:
11/19/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that can cause the engine to go into limp in and it's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is wrong. It could be a sensor issue, wiring, a boost leak; a couple of the most common issues are the turbo actuator, a boost leak, and the swirl valves in the intake manifolds.

Do you have the P codes that are currently setting?