Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

The top on my 2003 SL500 is giving me some problems. I am…

The top on my...

The top on my 2003 SL500 is giving me some problems. I am sure it is low on fluid and perhaps has a leak in one or more of the hydraulic actuators. But I am unable to search for any leaks unless I can refill the supply. Can you tell me how to service the fliud tank in the trunck?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to walk you through that for your Mercedes-Benz SL500. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I think my description of my problem should be sufficient. Thank You

11/17/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello Jim, there were 2 versions, if you find that is not the issue and you need more help please let me know.

common issues are

bad relay(s) for the pump

failed pump

bad flap drive motor.

hope this helps

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

You didn't answer my question. I know everything works. Its just low on fluid. I need to know how to service the tank.

did you not see the 2 documents i sent over that show you how to fill the fluid????????

they will be below my signature....................

Just tell me the procedure to service the fluid tank.

here they are again

if you are talking about the phone offer it is automated and not from me.

I apologize. I didn't realize you had added the procedure at the bottom. Thanks

appreciate that,

no problem, again as always if you need more help I am always here to help and I am great with top issues.

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Thanks, I'll do that.
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician