Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just replace both rear air suspension bags but car

Second opinion] Just replace...

Second opinion] Just replace both rear air suspension bags but car suspension won't self adjust to correct height

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2011 GL450

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes.

11/17/2017
eautosales
eautosales, ASE MECHANIC

Hi, my name is John and I'll be assist you with your question regarding your Benz I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. any codes in the system?

no codes...it shows the airmatic vechicle icon and says 'being lowered' but isn't going down. the front is all the way up and the backs, which I just replaced are still at the same level on the jacks.

what scan tool are you using?

no scan tool

so how are you checking for suspension trouble codes?

The rear passenger bag had a leak I could hear and physically touch so ordered new rear bags.
are you suggesting I take it to a shop to have them trouble shoot or reset?

yes the mercedes star system is used to level the suspension and retrieve trouble codes... so it may need a restet..after install the system is leveled with a scan tool

thanks John...any estimate on cost with that or is there a way for me to get a scan tool from a local auto parts store

its a special mercedes scan tool..the local auto parts stores are basic and pretty much designed for domestics... usually 1 to 2 hour fee

ok thanks man

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

is there anything else I could try to get it to at least lower to the normal height before driving

not that i know of

eautosales
eautosales, ASE MECHANIC