Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

No crank. 2009 cl550. Starter was seized when relay bypassed

no crank JA: What is the...
no crank
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2009 cl550
JA: Are you fixing your CL550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: starter was seized when relay bypassed is starts fine
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 125000km
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/17/2017
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician
Hello I’m Wolfgang. I do need a vin # to get the factory info to assist.
Which relay was bypassed? How did you bypass please be very descriptive of where and how. Thanks
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Wddej86x29a022620, starter was replaced at another shop still no crank fuse 20 inspected good and replaced regardless, relay H in front Underwood was bypassed and vehicle starts no signal to relay to allow crank.
Thanks for the info let me get the information and will get back ASAP with some checks to do You will need a digital volt meter. Thanks
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Any luck yet

sorry my son had surgery!! is fuse 21 blown?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Location?

front sam f21

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
15 amp?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Fuse 20 or 21 fuse 20 is in front of the battery correct? 20amp
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Fuse good

do you have 12 volts both sides of the fuse key on?

do you have scan tool?

make and model of scan tool you have please.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I have xentry but I have no wiring diagrams
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Only fault is central gateway module failure need to know if signal from EIS passes through CGW
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
My suspicions are the vehicle was boosted incorrectly only fuse blown third 15amp fuse on left side from the bottom which I have no idea what it’s for

check the prefuse box !!!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Location? Everything thing else works
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
If prefuse box was issue I shouldn’t have Power at fuse 21

checked and EIS TO CGW TO FRONT SAM TO STARTER..

WHAT # IS THE FUSE THAT BLEW?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Car not in front of me at present but picture forwarded from you to me first 15 amp from the bottom on left hand side can’t make out the number

having trouble with that fuse !!! still looking !!

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No worries for tonight I’m sorry you’ve got lots on your plate with your family if I may touch base with you in the mid morning?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanks so much for your help

sure my pleasure

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Great thanks again

hey just got back in !! kid doing much better!! any new info or updates?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
No ground signal at me module pin31 to activate relay and thoughts
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Constant power at pin 31
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
if I ground circuit at pin 31 starts no problem

ok did you scan the vehicle for codes . need to check cgw, me, front sam , rear sam module . preferred to total car scan . if me is not taking care of the signal most likely a fault code is stored!!

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Only code is cgw failure

in what module . can you show a pic of scan tool or print out?

thanks

cgw needs to be replaced then scn coding and possible reprogramming may be needed at MB dealer .

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Problem was electric shifter lost its location program all good now

ok

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician