Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My key fob wont work. It was giving me hard time to open the…

Customer Question
My key fob wont...

My key fob wont work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes. It was giving me hard time to open the vehicle but last night stop working. I change the battery and I can see the red light when I push the keys. I can also see the infra red light working inside the fob key.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

I call a locksmith and they open the car for me but now the security system lock the stering whel

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mercedes?

2007 Mercedes C230

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C230 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I also check fuse No. 8 on the trunk and its fine.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/16/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 9 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you, I will try to help you with this issue, if the battery died in the fob it will trigger the anti theft system but since you replaced battery now we need to RESET the system and hopefully when it wakes up it will see new battery and should work if no other issues in the system

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

lets start here and we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Thank u. Ill do that but I cant lock the doors because the key fob wont work and I dont have the blade key. I can close the doors but they would remain unlock. It thats ok ?

actually , the driver door part is important , where the blade we need the blade system has to see that lock close and open, but try it if not fix that lock

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hello sir. I didnt work. The system anti theft system wont let me crank/start the car. The key fob still dont work.
Hello sir. It didnt work. The anti theft system wont let me crank/start the car. The key fob still dont work. I can see the red light on the remote but wont open/close the car. I check all the fuses and they good. Please advise.
At this time we need a star mercedes scanner to retrieve fault codes or we will be guessing
But in a lot cases resyncimg fob using correct scanner should do it but we need to have it scanned