Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I own a 2014 e63s with 14,500 miles on it. I had the windows…

Customer Question
I own a 2014...

I own a 2014 e63s with 14,500 miles on it. I had the windows tinted and while they were tinted the lights drained the battery the guy jumped the car and everything was ok. 3 days later driving it across the state I reached my destination i was stopped at a gate I noticed "convenience functions not working warning signal on the dash" I stopped the car and restarted it and everything was fine. The next morning I drove back home and all was fine. Once parked my girlfriend noticed the lights on randomly headlights and taillights. I went outside tried to start the car and it wouldn't start. It would not turn over. All the lights came on inside and seemed bright not dull. I put a jump box on it and it started.But it had a bunch of inoperative lights on mainly the convenience (adaptive lights, high beams , lane departure warning and now it won't start until after it sits for awhile and still has lights on the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

The bulbs?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Mercedes?

E63S

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have changed both the main battery and secondary battery. It has nothing to do with the headlights

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/16/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Ben , this is going to be an extremely difficult thing to try and work through on the internet especially if you do not have a mercedes scan tool.

there are just too many variables to this kind of issue.

the warranty is 4 years and 50k miles, depending on when you purchased the car you will still be under warranty.

the best thing you can do is bring it in to the dealer to have them diagnose this issue.

most likely you have a module that is failing and causing issues on the data bus.

hope this is helpful.

if there were another option i certainly would advise,. but in my 16 year professional mercedes benz experience, trying to find this issue without a scan tool is a lost cause.

i know this may not be what you want to hear but i would rather tell you the truth than to give you the run around.

hope this helps.

if you have any questions please let me know I will do what I can to help.

Lou

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified