Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 sl55...dash cupholder...how to remove? Thanks. Cup

2005 sl55...dash cupholder...how to...

2005 sl55...dash cupholder...how to remove? Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Cup holder is broken .. need to replace it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 Mercedes?

Sl55

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just want to replace Cup holder myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Thanks

2 Cup holders but I know that it is one unit and looks as if it slides out of dash in some manner...I have replacement...just need to remove unit. Thanks
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/16/2017
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have a vin number for this so I can see if I have this procedure for you

2005 sl55 WDBSK74F45F087253

im not able to pull anything up with that vin ill have to open this up to see if anyone else can help

Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Do you have any other questions?

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me .

3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer

Hello, just making sure cuop holder replacement went fine?

Am in process of trying to remove Cup holder per your instruction...willreport back when done. Thanks
What do you mean by " losses the cover of console" How dis that done?
Can't get to bolts unless I remove console cover...don't know how to do this.

Sorr about the wait. The console cover will need to be removed to get access to the bolts.

Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh