Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2015 Smart Fortywo is acting strange when slowing to turn…

Customer Question
My 2015 Smart Fortywo...

My 2015 Smart Fortywo is acting strange when slowing to turn into a drive or parking lot. When I give it gas to complete the turn, it seems that it can;t decide whether to go into 1st or 2nd. Takes around 2 seconds to respond. This is my first Smart car so I don't know if this is normal or not. I took it to my local Mercedes dealer to take a ride and the service manager said it was normal. I really find that hard to believe. I still have a year of the factory warranty. So if this is a problem it needs to be fixed before the warranty runs out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

I haven't had it for long, but the first tank that I was able to check was 44.5 mpg. The next tank was 40 mpg. I expect this next tank to be below that. And it starts fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fortwo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm not trying to fix this problem myself. That's why I went to the local dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's about it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/15/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Kevin, Master tech replied 8 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Master tech
Hi ***** certainly the gear change is compleatly normal . The gearboxes on these things have always had a bit of a delay on them at times . With regards ***** ***** this can vary massively dependent on the type of journeys your doing