Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 gl450 and the rear door is going down very…

I have a 2008 gl450...
I have a 2008 gl450 and the rear door is going down very slowly. Does that indicate that the motor is going out. Same question as before. I think I found the part.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

I seen the photo you have posted and no that is the rear sam control unit. you are too far to the right, you need to come back just a little more to center.

I will try and get you a good picture, also what i your vin?

Perhaps this a different model year because my spare tire is in that location my Vin number is *****

ok checking now, thanks

please recheck the vin, its not correct.

Sorry, 4JGBF71E88A335857

ok so i see what may be happening, the picture is from the ML which is the same model except smaller, here is the work instructions to replacing the system, it looks like its under the spare and under the carpeting .

Ok yeah its under the grey matt
Ok I will check tomorrow

ok sounds good.

any luck?

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello Lou I know it has been a while but I finally found the hydraulic pump how do I take it for air I have the keys open and you can see the pump it makes a loud touring know like when I try to open or close the trunk
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Loud turning noise
You can see the plastic reservoir on the pump make sure its got fluid in there. And not bone dry. Should be a low and high mark on it .