Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have w220 2000. Car won't crank at all. Replaced new

I have w220 2000...

I have w220 2000. Car won't crank at all. Replaced new battery, new remanufactured Bosch starter with solenoid (tested and working normal), new crankshaft and camshaft position sensor, new starter relay. Car was being backed-up and turned off immediately. Speedometer needle stopped and got stuck a 180 mph. Now it went down stuck to 80 mph. Gear can be moved from park position when key in position 2 (PRND). All lights in dashboard working, also headlights and radio. I noticed too that the PS (Park and Standard mode) indicator at the side of the clock is not showing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

All fuses were checked and are all fine. All dashboard lights and function are fine except for the PS indicator not showing up.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '00 Mercedes?

W220 S500 base submodel V8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just told you and yes I am.

11/15/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

so far from what you are describing the issue is either with the cars communication system or with the shifter module.

so can you tell me if when you put the car into park, does the car actually go into park or can you still move the car by pushing it when the shifter is in park?

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
the car goes into actual park when in park otherwise car can be pushed when in neutral
Phone call session started
Can you provide your contact no. so I can call you too?
When will this call be placed?
Was that a number i could text ? I just did to touch base, give me a few min to call unless you have anothet time in mind
I need a call ASAP. Please!
Sure,
Says verizon message , this number cannot be reached

like i said if you need more assistance I will be here .

Lou