Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I Have 2007 ML350 with a tramission problem. It won't shift

Hello! I Have 2007 ML350 with...
Hello!
I Have 2007 ML350 with a tramission problem . It won't shift correctly. It seems the gear is slipping and does not engage.
11/14/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Here’s the sequence of events I follow:
Check fluid level and color. Make appropriate repairs.
Check shift solenoids with a scan tool in bidirectional mode if
applicable. Shift solenoids are inside the transmission and
this is the easiest way to check them.
Drop pan and inspect for excessive metal shavings inside
pan. Check valve body and clutches visually.
Hopefully you may not have to go this far, maybe you just
were a bit low on fluid.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok.
I forgot to tell the you the fault code I found in the TCM. Dtc is 2505

Okay, but the list of things I sent you still needs to be done to confirm where the issue is at.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How can I check the ATF level on this car?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there any specific check for Dtc 2505?

With no dip stick, it needs to be done on a lift.

If the letter in front of the code is a P, then it can be a computer problem, but these tests need to be done to confirm that too.

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Hello Ron!
I replaced the valve body 2 times but the same code is set on the TCM. I finally removed the The whole Transmission.

Okay,let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor