Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When you leave door unlocked in 2003 S430 Mercedes and open…

Customer Question
Hi! When you leave door...
Hi! When you leave door unlocked in 2003 S430 Mercedes and open the door the alarm goes off and it's very very faint and weak. It will stop when you hit the remote though. The doors with not close automatically or lock automatically and the trunk won't open when you push the unlock buttom on the remote? Please advise
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/12/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 7 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello, the issue will either be a failed alarm module or failed pse.

you can use a mercedes scan tool to check the last ten alarm activations.

that is the best way to test the system.

also if you pull fuse 62 and reinstall it see if the door locks and door closing feature works again that would tell you if you have a leak in the system or a failed pse unit.

i will attach some info, if you have any follow up questions please let me know I will do what i can to help.

the alarm siren is inside the drivers side fender the picture with the box with yellow lines is the pse pump that works the locks and alarm.

it is located in the drivers side of the trunk behind the paneling.

Lou

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Major were you able to look over the info I sent? did you have any follow up questions?