Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 Mercedes r350 fuel gauge not working after fuel pump…

Customer Question
2006 Mercedes r350 fuel gauge...
2006 Mercedes r350 fuel gauge not working after fuel pump replacement
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/12/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If it's setting a code for the left sender circuit being open then you either have a wiring issue or a bad sender. If you've already tested the wiring and found it to be good and the problem started after the pump was replaced then the issue is with the sender on the replacement pump.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I hooked my icar soft up and looked at the numbers on it. It showed that the left unit is sending no signal but the right is working. When i move the float up and down on the right side the numbers increase and decrease respectively. The left gives no response. I did put the old pump back in as the fuel gauge did work before but no difference. Are there other steps i should check before i call and ask for the pump to be replaced......what voltage should be coming out of the units...i only checked resistence to see if i had an open between the units....should i also do voltage checks. As much detail as possible would be good. Past experts have been very detailed.

What P codes are currently setting?

No OBD11 codes. DTC code from icarsoft is code 2225. Left fuel level sensor has a short circuit to positive.code 9135 the signal from the left fuel tank sensor 2 is not plausible. Code 90dd left half of tank is faulty or the line to the component has an open circuit.

You need to test the blue/black wire from sender pin 1 to pin 27 of the rear SAM, sender pin 2 to the brown/black in pin 33. If the wires are good and not shorted to power or ground then the sender is bad.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician