Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Issue with intermittent service with Sirius radio. Problem…

Customer Question
issue with intermittent service with...
issue with intermittent service with Sirius radio. Problem is not with Sirius. Tried turning off Bluetooth all week to see if there is a jam with the "updating channel" when turning on. No luck. My mechanic recommended disconnecting the battery to reboot the system. Your thought?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/12/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Depending on exactly what is happening the problem may be antenna related or it could be a problem with the satellite receiver, if there isn't an issue with your subscription. It will most likely require some testing to determine what is going on including the use of a test antenna and scan tool, but if you want to try something yourself you could definitely try a battery disconnect. If the receiver is electrically locked up that may allow it to work again temporarily.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

thank you for your reply. Where can I go to have the test antenna or receiver scan...I do not want to go to the dealership, I'm out of warranty and I do not trust them.

You can try an independent shop if you don't want to go to a dealer but an independent shop isn't likely to have test equipment specific to your vehicle like a dealer would.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician