Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 mercedes C250 front seat heaters not working. both

Customer Question
2010 mercedes C250 front...

2010 mercedes C250 front seat heaters not working. both lamps iluminate for 10 seconds and prove out

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Whats that got to do with interior seat heaters?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all fuses and relays

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/9/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 5 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

usually this means that there is a low voltage problem, do you have any warnings on the dash?

any other issues with the car?

do you have a code scanner ?

no warnings but activation switches illuminate for 10 seconds and prove out

ok, may i have your vin to check for bulletins?

ok nevermind i dont need the vin, i found 2 bulletins

1 states you have an issue with the battery sensor mounted on the negative cable of the battery and 2 you need a rear sam software update.

either needs to be checked with a mercedes scan tool at a dealer.

but that will get you fixed up.

hope this helps.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician