Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2009 mercedez c300 replaced ezs lock motor now when insert…

Customer Question
2009 mercedez c300replaced ezs lock...
2009 mercedez c300replaced ezs lock motor
now when insert the key it says key bean initialized please wait
left the key on on position over night and i still have the same message
i'm professional shop with professional toolsany idea ?
do i need to get the work shop orange key to reactivate the lock ?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/9/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 9 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

my mistake was to try replace the ezs with a used one and tryed to reprogram it with out the work shop key
now im just using the original ezs that was in the car before ,(i just replaced the internal motor )
but it is in the lock position now )
system is clear with no codes
just the initialization problem

ok, this is an interesting issue,

glad you gave me that extra info

what kind of scanner are you using?

i think using a used lock may have caused issues,

does the key red light come on when inserting into the ignition switch?

maxisys pro
what light ?
in the dash?

no,near the panic button on the key is a little red light that comes on when you press a button, the same light will come on if the ignition switch and key are transferring data.

no
the light will not come on when i insert it
but will come on when i press any button

ok,

did you follow a youtube video to replace the motor inside the lock?

all done
i just need to bypass the initialization process
this is my problem now

ok,

so does your scanner have a coding or actuation function?

i am not sure we can do anything without a mercedes star diagnosis.

i ready did all option on my scan tool
but they all ask for the work shop key

ok, hmm, shouldnt need the key if its the same lock

i think something happened with your lock.

when replacing the motor.

I am not sure you can get this to work.

have you thought of the emulator?