Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My dash board is down. Two days. 2010. 350 gkl

Customer Question
My dash board is...

My dash board is down

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

Two days

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

350 gkl

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/8/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 5 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

can you clarify what you mean by the dashboard is down?

I can help but the issue I am not clear on . thanks, Lou

No power goes to the speedometer gas indecator and rpm
No power goes to the gages

ok, does the display show in the center? or is the whole cluster totally dead?

so ANY lights or warning signs come on and when the lights are turned on does the dash brighten up?

The whole cluster is dead

ok, I will check for a fuse,

can you check every other function in the car and see if it works? like all switches and radio and what not?

The dash brighten but no signals
Turn signals not working from inside but outside working
Music heating all working navigation working
Fuse box under the hood is good I checked it
All gauges are down

ok, fuse 28 is the fuse that is responsible for the power to the cluster.

not only check it, but make sure the fuse also has power with a test light.

it should have power at all times.

if it does then the cluster is bad. if you pull the fuse and wait a minute then re install it the cluster might come back alive.

if not the issue is the cluster.

here is a diagram as well so you know what fuses are what.

hope this helps.

for 100% accurate diagnosis you need to pull the cluster and check power and ground at the connection.

but most likely the cluster is dead.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may be paid for my assistance.5 stars is ideal :) . Please save me as a favorite and request me in the future.Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, all it does is pay me for my help. You can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

I pull the fuse 28 and put it back and the light disappear now

ok, then the cluster is the issue,.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician