Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2008 Mercedes ML350 has steering very stiff. I cannot…

Customer Question
My 2008 Mercedes ML350 has...
My 2008 Mercedes ML350 has steering very stiff . I cannot drive it like that. Previously,there was a message please check the tires pressure. I did . Still stiff. Please, what should I do step by step to fix this. ..
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mercedes
11/7/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The issue that you are having is a power steering issue. Are you hearing a whining/moaning noise when you turn the wheel? Have you been noticing any leaks. You need to inspected the power steering fluid first, to be sure that there is enough.

Here, I am a recall on the vehicle concerning this issue, along with instructions for checking the fluid.

If the fluid level is low, then this means that you have a leak in the system and the leak will have to be located. If the level is okay, then you will end up replacing the power steering pump. Here, I am attaching information on diagnosing and replacing the pump.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, please do not forget to rate the service. As it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.