Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

How do I change just the front turn signal bulb in my 1999…

How do I change...

How do I change just the front turn signal bulb in my 1999 mercedes benz s320

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Yes the turn signal works but if i'm not using it to turn the Pass side stay out

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S320 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ive remove the turn signal assembly. but cant loosen the socket from the housing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

10/21/2017
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello my name is***** you taking about the bulb within the head lamp assembly?

the Turn signal Amber Bulb it self
Are you there?

You will need to remove the headlamp assembly in order to access it as shown. If you need more help please let me know.

not the Head Lamp, how to remove the "Turn signal Bulb From it.s Separate Assembly" my car is A 1999 Mercedes S320

You mean the light to the side of the headlamp?

sir, I need to find out why does it work for turning, but when I'm not using it to turn, The Pass side Goes out, and the driver side stay lit, and My Light failure indicator is lit on my dash board,, I cant seem to be able to remove the Bulb, although I can Remove that Assembly

So you have removed the light assembly but you cannot remove the bulb from it? Sorry for all of the questions. I am trying to be clear on it.

No Problem I Understand that you are taking all kind of questions At once, but exactly yes, I cant seem to be able to twist the socket plug out

Okay. It should do just that, twist out. I have had these melt or bond to the light housing from years of use. It is very common. Half of the time they end up breaking which makes it harder because these parts are not the easiest to find.

what do you suggest? (PB Blaster) wd40?

If you have a heat gun I would warm it up. If not try some lubricant as you mentioned.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
thank you, I'll Try

Let me know if you need any other help. Have a great rest of your night.

FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician